Rydzewo is equipped with excellent accommodation and catering options. Here the tourist will find beauty spots and quiet health corners. In its numerous ports, one may moor, eat good food and spend the night. In the Middle Ages the land, on which this village is located, was occupied by the tribe of Galindians, which had built its powerful city in Staświny.
This locality is the oldest settlement in the western part of the present commune of Miłki, which was founded in 1571. A legend about a pillory, which was placed in the vicinity of the church in 17th century, is connected with Rydzewo. The existence of the pillory of Rydzewo is confirmed by the punishments inflicted in 1666 upon the inhabitants of this village for ”godlessness” and for ”secret love relations with a certain Kaczmarczyk”.
Rydzewo is also associated with the very beautiful, winding rivers Krutynia and Sapina as well as with numerous landscape parks, which are home for wild fowl and game.
This village, which is surrounded by the marvellous wildlife of forests and lakes, is transformed in the summer season into a real Masurian Riviera!